oil trap replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swedish Auto Parts Forums - Discuss Anything Volvo Forum Index -> Volvo 740, 760 and 780 Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: oil trap replacement Reply with quote

Has anyone replaced an oil trap on a 1989 740 GLE 16 valve B 234 engine? I was removing the old one and the bottom tube broke off. I presume that to install the new one, I need to remove the intake manifold. To get the stem out of the engine, I am planning on removing the oil pan. The repair manuals for Haynes that I have do not go beyond 1988 so I am at a loss for details.

A few answers please:

1 - Can the oil pan be removed with the engine in place to remove the section of tube that broke off?

2 - Is there any alternative to removal of the intake manifold to install the new oil trap? The new trap is too long to fit past the intake manifold from what I can determine.

Thanks in advance for any help based upon your experience that you may have. The dealer does not offer repair manuals and chilton manuals are not that detailed.

Thanks,

Paul
Indestructible Turtle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: oil trap replacement Reply with quote

1) Recommended, but not mandatory to maintain Volvo emission warranty.
2) For services beyond 60,000 miles (96,000 km) consult your "Maintenance Record Manual" and "Maintenance Service Chart".
3) Does not pertain to B 230/Regina, B 230 F/EGR and B 234 F.

The following items should be checked weekly by the driver (it takes only a few minutes):
Engine oil level
Brake fluid level
Radiator coolant level
Tire pressure (all five tires)
Operation of all lights
Horns
Windshield wipers
Level of windshield washer fluid

The following should also be carried out at regular intervals:
Washing
Polishing
Cleaning
Rust protection
robert45

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: oil trap replacement Reply with quote

Well i haven't replaced the oil trap,so have no idea on this.its better that you consult a good mechanic.
Haryer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: oil trap replacement Reply with quote

ok so just to have more info

I need a new oil pan o ring, new engine oil, oil fliter, what else?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swedish Auto Parts Forums - Discuss Anything Volvo Forum Index -> Volvo 740, 760 and 780 Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: