Interior light problem

Volvo S80 discussions, questions and solutions to problems
gundalow

Interior light problem

Post by gundalow » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:07 am

Car Info: 1999 S80Topic: Light problemsI have a 99 S80.
The interior courtesy lights, located near the rear view mirror,will not come on, either by opening a door, or via the manual switch.
All of the other interior courtesy lights, including the two small"map" lights, (located in the same housing as the two that don't work) come on and fade off as they should.
It is only the two "main" lights, in the housing by the mirror, that do not work. I have tested the bulbs, and they are fine. I have determine that there isn't any power getting to the bulbs, however, the tiny green "pilot"light, located under the manual switch, is lit.
I have called several dealers in the states, all of whom are perplexed by the problem.

Indestructible Turtle

Re: Interior light problem

Post by Indestructible Turtle » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:12 am

It was exactly that! The triangle with the explaination point in it is a little light that says, "Hey, you have a message!" If you were to push the button on the end of the Blinker control arm, the message would have come up in the text screen of "low fuel' or any other problem you may have. You will see this light when a door is open, the trunk lid is open or whenever the vehicle has something to tell you. IT IS NOT ELECTRICAL!! Volkswagons have electrical problems, not Volvo's. Hope you decide on the T6. I drive one with AWD and it is an awesome car! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Good Luck!

jonathan35

Re: Interior light problem

Post by jonathan35 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:55 am

I think you should take the car to a good mechanic.he'll be able to tell you what's wrong with the lights.